8/26/15

Kindergarten, Class of 2028

We are officially a school kid!  Our teacher's name is Mrs. McLellan.  She is young, energetic, lives in our hometown and already thinks Lilly is a "delight".
It's Wednesday (we started on Monday) and Lilly is already asking if she has to go to school on Fridays too???  Oh girl, you have school every Friday for the next 13 years, excluding summers and holidays of course!
Monday went off without any drama from either of us.  For the three weeks leading up to the big day, Elm Grove had something they would host every week.  Registration, popsicle party, meet the teacher, etc and every time we pulled into the parking lot I would tear up.  My first thought was who am I and the second was I was never going to make it through drop off on the first day.  I did really well until she asked me to just stay one more minute.  So I did and then we were both good to go.
So our routine starts at 6:15 and this is our new normal and I'm exhausted!







No comments: